This after-school club is for years 4,5 & 6. Children will be introduced to the practice of mindfulness through games, discussions and mindful practices such as breathing exercises and meditations, there will also be a craft activity each week!
Each week will cover themes such as; understanding our minds, managing emotions, being a good friend, and building kindness and gratitude.
Mindfulness practice can help to
- Improve well-being
- Increase self-awareness
- Improve focus
- Build resilience
- Reduce anxiety
- Regulate emotions
Places are limited, so please complete the online reservation form to book through a secure paypal link.arm Afterschool Mindfulness Club.
Bridge Farm After School Club - 2020
Kindfulmind is committed to processing data in accordance with its responsibilities under the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR).
Article 5 of the GDPR requires that personal data shall be:
- Processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner in relation to individuals
- Collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes; further processing for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes shall not be incompatible with the initial purposes
- Adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed
- Accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date; every reasonable step must be taken to ensure that personal data that is inaccurate, having regard to the purposes for which they are processed, are erased or rectified without delay
- Kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed
- Personal data may be stored for longer periods insofar as the personal data will be processed solely for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes
- Processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organisational measures
Child Protection Policy
What kindfulmind will do if we have concerns about a child or young person
In almost all circumstances, we will talk to a child’s parents about any concerns and tell you if these concerns need referral to children’s social care. We will ask your consent to make a referral, but in some circumstances, we may need to make a referral against your wishes. We will only do this if we genuinely believe this is the best way to protect your child.
If we think talking to parents first might in some way increase the risk to the child, we will report our concerns to children’s social care and take advice from them. We will tell the parent that a referral is being made and record this.
Child protection is a very sensitive issue and it raises many questions and a range of strong emotions. Kindfulmind will do everything we can to support the children in our sessions and you can be rest assured that any action we take will always be in the best interests of the child.