Face yoga is a combination of 5 main aspects
- Face exercise
- Face massage
Face yoga involves moving and manipulating the 57 muscles of the face, using massage, acupressure, lymphatic drainage and facial workouts to achieve the desired effects.Also, it’s very pleasurable to do, and fun!
This is a fun relaxed class, where you’ll learn an upper and lower face workout routine each month as well as different techniques to relax the muscles of the face and neck as well as lift and sculpt the muscles, giving tighter, firmer skin.
Proven benefits to practicing face yoga regularly include the following;
- Boosts collagen production
- Clearer skin tone
- Less puffiness
- Reduction of fine lines & wrinkles
- Firms & tightens the skin
- Reduces signs of aging
- Helps with conditions such as sinus problems, bruxism, migraines and insomnia
- Boosts overall well-being
- Promotes relaxation
- Stress release
- Strengthens eye function
- Improves posture
Treat yourself or someone you know this Valentines Day, or Mothers Day, to a relaxing and nurturing session for mental and physical wellbeing.
Sunday 14th Feb - (Valentines Day) - 6-6.45pm £7.50
Face yoga self-care session with the theme of 'love yourself'. A relaxing session focusing on self-nurture, including self-massage, muscle tension release, acupressure and setting self-compassionate intentions.
• A grounding self-compassionate meditation
• Neck & shoulder self-massage to release tension
• Sweeping facial massage, giving ourselves love
• Acupressure points on the face to release tension
• Self-compassion focused intentions to take away
Sunday 14th March - (Mothers Day) - 6-6.45pm £7.50
Face yoga self-care session with the theme of 'Pampering'. Taking the time to focus on the wellbeing aspect of face yoga including facial relaxation techniques. The session will also include techniques to help plump and firm the skin, helping with the production of collagen and elastin.
• A relaxing meditation to calm the mind
• Breath practice
• All over face relaxation techniques
• Facial exercises to lift, firm, tone and plump the skin
• Face lift massage to leave you feeling glowing and radiant
Relax - the mind and the muscles of the face, neck and shoulders
Release - any negative thoughts and tension
Restore - a natural healthy glow and feel rejuvenated
In this 90 minute mindfulness and face yoga workshop, you will;
- Start to understand where you are holding tension – taking time to notice
- Learn a relaxing and reinvigorating face yoga routine using face massage, face exercise and acupressure techniques; that can help release tension, improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and make your skin look plumper and healthier
- Experience a self-compassion focussed relaxation practice, becoming kinder towards yourself
The structure of the workshop will include;
- A grounding meditation arrival practice
- Back, neck and shoulder warm ups
- Upper and lower face yoga workout
- Additional face yoga tips and techniques
- A compassionate body scan; allowing the face, body and mind to fully relax
Ellie is a qualified mindfulness and compassion practitioner and a certified face yoga teacher of the Danielle Collins Face Yoga Method. This workshop will be a fun, practical exploration of face yoga techniques, teaching you how to look and feel the best version of yourself, inside and out!
Immerse yourself in this self-care session focussed on un-winding the mind, bringing a focus to any stress held in the face, neck and shoulders, working to soften and tone the face, and fully relax the body with a mindful body scan.
This hour long session will include the Danielle Collins (world leading face yoga expert) upper and lower face workout, as well as techniques to relax the face and boost circulation, including face massage, lymphatic drainage and acupressure points.
Face yoga has been proven to help with issues such a sinus problems, bruxism, tension headaches and insomnia. It can also reduce tension and stress from the face, strengthen eye function and correct poor posture. Benefits to the face if practised regularly include; boosting of collagen and oxygen to the skin, clearer skin tone, less puffiness, reduction of fine lines and wrinkles, firms and tightens the skin.
Mindful meditation can bring an awareness to where we hold stress and tension, and through this practice, we can learn to observe and start to free ourselves from stressful thoughts and associated physical held tension.
This is a zoom session. Please make sure you have clean hands before practicing on the face. If you have any serum or oil, you can apply this to the face beforehand to help your fingers to glide, but don’t worry if you don’t have any, you can still practice face yoga!
A mindful family event for parents and children aged 8 and under. Set in stunning ancient woodland, just outside of Bristol, Folly Farm is run by Avon Wildlife trust.
Pippa & Ellie are mindfulness & yoga teachers based in Bristol, and have joined together to bring you a family event with a difference.
Connect with your family through mindful activities. Take a walk through the woods, seeing what we notice along the way. Have fun with yoga, and Spring and Easter themed arts and crafts!You will find an array of plants, birds, insects and wildlife, in this beautiful countryside setting. Snacks and drinks are provided. (Please feel free to bring your own lunch if you would like to stay and have a picnic in the grounds afterwards).
The nature walk is buggy accessible.This event is a collaboration with Press Pause Yoga & Kindfulmind.
The cost is just £20 per parent and child, additional children are £5 each. Under 2’s go free.
Join Ellie from Kindfulmind for a 45 min fun and engaging yoga class with games and mindful practices, followed by crafting some mindful activities to take home in your very own ‘box of mindfulness’.
Mindfulness and yoga can help create a sense of calm, improve focus, build resilience, regulate emotions and reduce anxiety.This session runs on Monday 6th April from 2-4pm. Open to ages 7-11.
Location: Withywood Community Centre in Bishopsworth.
The session is £15 and includes drinks and snacks, and all the mindfulness crafts.